Tuesday 19 January 2010

A Succesful Trip to Subway

I was in town today, going around a bunch of local tattoo studios and alternative clothing shops putting up yet more posters! I'm convinced that soon there will not be a single person here that does not know the name of my DJ night. However this is not the interesting point of today's story.

The interesting point is that today I went into Subway for the first time since the 'incident'. Though it may not seem like a great deal to some that may read this, it was an incredibly awkward moment for me. So, about a week ago, I was doing very much the same as I was today; going around a very snowy town with a bunch of posters and flyers, and putting them up in various establishments. Once done, I figured I'd treat myself to a subway sandwich. So, I head off toward Subway listening to Opeth rather loud. It's worth highlighting that it was perhaps a little too loud: I couldn't hear anything that was going on outside of my head, so that when I did finally approach the Subway door, I could've sworn there was no one else nearby. I opened the door and stepped up into the shop, and earphones still in, move my hand to close the door behind me - naturally going to grab the door handle. Only, all of a sudden there was a man behind me also coming into the shop. A man with my hand placed on his crotch. There was a tremendously awkward pause before either of us reacted. He then backed away and exclaimed something or other, I'm not sure, I still had my headphones in. And I tried to say "Oh! Sorry!". However, we all know the trouble everyone has controlling the volume of their voice when they have earphones in, so for all I know I could have just whispered it at a very creepy volume, or instead yelled it at him. Either way, I made a point of going to a different Subway today and ensuring that I had my iPod switched off before going in.

Just one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment