Monday 18 January 2010

2010 Survival Goals

I've had a peruse around a few other blogs and noticed quite a few people had decided to make 'New Years Resolutions'. I thought that I might follow suit and list a bunch of stuff that I will actually HAVE to do this year in order to survive. More of a 'to-do' list than a collection of resolutions!

University Work


So this is the main focus of my days at the moment. I just started my final semester and I have only 5 Assignments and 2 Exams before I (hopefully) finish University and graduate. I suppose my goal regarding Uni is to actually graduate and be happy that I did the work that I could! Yeah, sounds reasonable enough!

A New Home

As I'll be leaving Uni, I will no longer be eligible for student accomadation. Although I'm currently living with my girlfriend in a comfy little flat, as it's subsidised by the University, it means that we'll both have to move out in May. From then on, it's out into the big wide world we go! I'm not looking for anything particularly exciting, something cheap and cheerful. Another flat like the one we have at the moment would be nice, although we'll have to look into getting our own furniture and stuff!

Job

Although a full-time student, I do have a part-time job, working behind the bar at a Night Club, and of course I'll have my DJ nights to bring in a bit of extra cash, but this alone will not be anywhere near enough to cover tax, rent, bills and living costs. Once a graduate, I'll have to start thinking about getting a job that will just pay the rent and keep me alive! Once comforatbly based, a search for a career will begin. Unless of course I somehow manage to dive straight into a career placement. I think that this will involve a few more visits to my Career's advisor at Uni. *sigh* I just want to start working! I'm sick of education! Haha. I'd like it if I could somehow wriggle my way into a games retailer. Although I've heard bad things about them, I would still rather work in a line of retail that would interest me. Plus, spending the last 2 years working in various night clubs, I feel like I've dealt with just about the worst people imaginable!

Books

Studying English Literature for 3 years has it's limitations. For instance, I have not read a book for pleasure since studying for my GCSE's. (Back when I was about 16...I'm now 20) Once graduated, I'm going to try and get through a whole PILE of books that I have wanted to read in the last 4 years. This includes graphic novels!

That's all I can really think of at the moment, other than getting through that massive pile of games [which was mentioned in my last couple of posts.]

Oh, and my DJ night begins this Friday! Very nervous for it now, as it seems that a lot of people are (hopefully) going to be there! Scary stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment