Wednesday 9 December 2009

Movie Night

Hey!

So, tonight me and my girlfriend decided to have an evening at the cinema! We both have special cards that allow us to see as many big screen movies as we want, for a small monthly fee. It roughly means that we need to watch two movies in order to balance out the charge. We've both been pretty busy this past month, so we figured we'd watch two movies in one night!

So, after a busy day of last-minute University work, I met her to watch Law Abiding Citizen , so we grabbed our ice creams many other snacks [Cinema food=Dinner tonight] and shot off to our seats. Surprisingly, it was ram-packed in there, with only a handful of seats not filled right at the front!


I really enjoyed this movie, and was action packed right from the start! Now, I'm pretty easy to entertain, but even so, the plot kept me intrigued throughout. On a related note, I watched Saw II  for the first time the other night, and I realised that movies which adopt an antagonist whose reasons are fairly justifiable, are often some of my favourite. With this in mind, the character that Gerard Butler plays is really interesting. I won't spoil anything, but coming out of the film leaves you questioning who was the baddie!

 I would certainly reccomend seeing this film, though I'd be unsure whether I'll want it included in my DVD collection!

 Talking of which, The Box is a film that I know will not. We watched this after a half hour lounge in the foyer. 2 hours after it started, me and my girlfriend left the cinema not really knowing how to feel about The Box. More accurately, we actually had to discuss what had happened in the film itself. I had seen trailers that involved a couple having to make a moral choice; Push a button that would kill someone in the world, that you do not know, and recieve $1,000,000. I thought it would be a film focussed on this decision. The idea of financial happiness over the guilt of murder. However, the film went off on quite a tangent. Again, no spoilers here, but if your curiosity gets the better of you then I suggest reading a review somewhere on the internet, before deciding to see it. I'll just say that out of the 15 people that were in the cinema at the time, only 9 stayed until the end.


All in all though, I managed to devour a large ice cream, an enormous coke and a packet or Revels and saw about 4 hours of cinema, which to me, is an evening very well spent!


Eugene

No comments:

Post a Comment